The 5th Annual SEED20 on April 11th was a huge success with our biggest prize pool of $60,000 and our largest audience to date – over 800 in attendance! Ten finalists took the stage of the Knight Theater and gave their inspirational three-minute pitches on their big idea for social change in Charlotte. At the end of the night, there could only be 5 winners.
- SEED20 People’s Choice Grand Prize of $20,000 (voted on by the audience): Gen-One Charlotte, Ian Joyce
- SEED20 2nd Place Prize of $12,500 (voted on by judging panel): Catapult Concepts, Brian Goins
- SEED20 3rd Place Prize of $7,500 (voted on by judging panel): American Pit Bull Foundation, Sara Enos
- Coaches Award of $5,000 (voted on by SEED20 coaches): Southside Rides Foundation, David Michael Moore
- Priceless Misc Digital Impact Award ($10,000 in-kind web and digital services provided by SEED20 Sponsor, Priceless Misc): Focus Charlotte, Steve Parker
Over half of our alumni returned to be honored and cheer on the Class of 2016. Wells Fargo – a sponsor for all 5 years – presented the Wells Fargo SEED20 Legacy Alumni Award of $5,000 to ourBRIDGE. A member of the Class of 2014, ourBRIDGE is an enrichment program that focuses its efforts on the education and socio-emotional development of children who are new to our country and culture.
If SEED20 sparked inspiration, please consider supporting the Class of 2016 with your time and resources. You can donate to SEED20 or any of these 20 deserving nonprofits.